[TowerTalk] Reality Check

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Reality Check
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:12:38 -0800
Jim wrote:

> AHH....You are incorrect!
>
> I have my Tail Twister mounted at the bottom of the top section. (The rotor
> shelf is actually mounted on the top of the next to the last section).  Fits
> fine....Had to cut no braces.
>
> In addition, The Rohn top sections with the flat bearing plate, have an area
> near the top that has no cross braces. Tail Twister also fits there too.
>
> 73
> Jim W7RY

I use the same mounting scheme for two T2X rotators on two of my towers where
the T2X's are mounted in 25G.  I can see how you don't have to cut braces but
only if you mount the rotator first and then mount the top section over the top
of the rotator.  I think you will find you will have to do some cutting if you
want to remove the rotator for service without removing the tower top section
first.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com