[TowerTalk] Inaccurate Bird Slugs.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inaccurate Bird Slugs.
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:56:01 +0000
Hi:

> I have discovered that at least two of my bird slugs seem to be out of
> tolerance.  My 2500H appears to read about 1/3 low.
> Can these be repaired or recalibrated?

  In my experiences if it is incorrect the diode is bad or the resistor
(and the diode) have been damaged by excessive power OR it's use on
the wrong transmission line section. (or in the wrong Termaline)
(from the different coupling factor)
  Check the forward and reflected readings into a known good load,
if the slug is showing a unreal high reflected power reading the
resistor has been damaged and factory repair is your best bet.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm