[TowerTalk] Alpha Delta DX-A

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alpha Delta DX-A
From: ValErwin@aol.com (ValErwin@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:09:59 EST
Dick:

I had one of those several years back es it mucked up the SWR on my tribander
when I operated 15M. I had about 7-8 foot of separation between the apex of
the antenna and the beam. When I dropped  the Alpha down to about 12 ft. of
separation, the SWR on the beam was "OK". But, I am sure that the beam
pattern had to be affected -- I tried not to think bout' it! heh heh

The bottom line is you will be much happier with the performance of a  dipole
if ya' got the space es you will have $ left over to spend at the next
hamfest!

GL

Val Erwin
W5PUT