[TowerTalk] Marking Coax Cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Marking Coax Cables
From: DMartin560@aol.com (DMartin560@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:57:32 EST
Hi Stew,
Visit your local home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc).  They have
wire color coding tapes with five colors...red, blue, yellow, green white.
They carry two brands, 3M and GC Electronics.  It's in the electrical dept
with the wiring accys...butt connectors, crimp tools, etc.  Great stuff.  I
use mine all the time.  They may also have it in large rolls like regular
3/4" electrical tape...but I normally see that at the wholesale electrical
supply house.

73,
Dwayne  KG4ADM

<< I recently read that a good way to mark coax cables
 (think it was at W4AN's station) used different
 colored tape applied to the cables to show the
 different bands, etc.  I've been looking but have yet
 to find a "set" of tape with more than three colors.
 Since one of the colors was black, there were only two
 colors available to use on black coax!  It would be
 nice to find a set with nine colors like the resistor
 color code.  Anyone ever run across something like
 this?

 73, Stew  K3ND