[TowerTalk] Number of Radials?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Number of Radials?
From: heatwole@clark.net (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:07:12 -0500
I've search the Internet as well as ON4UN's book very thoroughly, however I
have not found a conclusive answer to the question of how many raised
radials to use on a lowband vertical antenna. So, I turn to the group. What
would be the best practical number of elevated radials to use on a lowband
(40-160m) vertical antenna that would be mounted between ground level and
15ft for optimum DX performance? I have heard of many using 2, 4, 8, and 32
very successfully, but is there a better, yet still practical, number?

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<heatwole@clark.net>
Damascus, Maryland