[TowerTalk] Tribander question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tribander question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:36:22 EST
In a message dated 2/6/01 9:21:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, edbruns@juno.com
writes:

> I would think the easiest way to settle the 'tri-bander vs whatever'
>  debate would be to have both installed at the same time..same lengths
>  of new, like feedline, same height above the ground, etc. Then, over
>  a period of six or seven months, make hundreds if not thousands of
>  QSOs with both antennas on 10/15/20...while switching from 'A to B'
>  ...and compare the results. Even then, one could not be absolutely sure
>  which is the better antenna....unless one antenna was far superior.

    Well, actually we did that. All except the six or seven months part. N0AX
and I tested on-the-air over a dozen different tribanders and compared their
gains to a dipole along with a bunch of other measurements. Interesting
results.

    The report is over 60 pages of protocol, data sets and summaries and is
available from  <A HREF="www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A>

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Tower Tech