[TowerTalk] re: quad

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: quad
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 23:20:33 -0600
W9RE has replaced his 10 and 15M Razor beams
with 3 and 4 high stacks according to a friend in
Indiana.

BTW, weren't these outrageous claims made by
subjective comparisons to stations that may have
been hundreds of miles away, with antennas that
were most likely NOT at the same height and using
S-meters of questionable calibration (many receivers
and transceivers of that era had overly generous S meters),
and then drawing the conclusion that ALL of the difference
could be attributed to the "magic Razor Beams"?

Yuri has not helped his credibility with these claims.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001  GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com> writes:

> Well, all the nasty comments aside, Yuri's antennas
> DID work and work VERY WELL.  Yuri is very compentent
> and certainly can tell over the course of time if
> something is working better or worse than something
> else.  DX contesting is the toughest arena to really
> determine whether a certain antenna design is really
> working or not. Noted contester W9RE still uses some
> Razor beams, I believe.  Even from the "black hole" of
> the USA, he has done very well in the DX contest
> arena.  There was actually a lot of info about the
> Razors published.  Maybe you are the one who was out
> of touch.  What were you smoking?
>
> 73, Stew  K3ND
>

> --- Jan.E.Holm@telia.se wrote:
> >
> >  Didn´t K3BU make the statement that his razor was
> > 10 dB better
> >  then the 6L KLM and the KLM was 10 dB better then
> > the 5L Telerex?
> >  Result would be that the razor thing was 20 dB
> > better then the
> >  Telerex, and 30 better then a dipole would follow
> > the same reasoning.
> >  Why pick on W8JI, I saw this in print myself , so
> > Yuri if you feel
> >  like picking on people you might as well pick on me
> > too.
> >  Now, if those razor whiz things are so good why not
> > publish the
> >  data? If I would have come up with something that
> > good I would
> >  have been proud to publish it.
> >  In any case, clames like the above I don´t belive
> > at all, they belong
> > in
> >  some kind a dream world, ohhh just remembered that
> > back in the
> >  seventies smoking weed was very common in the
> > states, hmmmm
> >
> >  73, Jim SM2EKM

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.