[TowerTalk] Thoughts on "Stuf"?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thoughts on "Stuf"?
From: rmoodyg@juno.com (rmoodyg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:29:07 -0500
I use  'Stuf' in my exterior PL 259/SO 239 connections.  Seems to keep
water out
okay, and doesn't gum up the works.   It wipes off easily with a paper
towel.  I also
use silicone grease on the outside of the connectors before I tape 'em
up.    I've
been using 'Stuf' for about two years.  Not long term testing, but  so
far,
so good.

73
Gil, W4PJI

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:28:51 -0800 "Mike O'Brien"
<k0myw@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Anyone have any knowledgeable recommendations/warnings about a product
> put out by Cross Devices called STUF, which is supposed to fill
> interior
> voids and thus discourage moisture infiltration in coax connectors
> exposed to outdoor elements? Anybody testify to its effectiveness?
> Will
> it gum up a connector and make disconnecting difficult/impossible?
> Thanks...
>
>       73,
>       Mike, KØMYW
>
> --