[TowerTalk] Re: Yagi's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Yagi's
From: K7NV@contesting.com (Kurt Andress)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:57:46 -0800
Bill Tippett wrote:

Snip

>         This is one of the most powerful and easy-to-use programs I've
> ever seen to do exactly what Art described.  It will allow you to weight
> Gain, F/B, SWR and Zo over any chosen bandwidth.  The program statistically
> searches different combinations of element spacings and lengths to optimize
> the tradeoff combination you choose.  F/B is optimized for a figure of merit
> based on the backside pattern rather than a single point measurement at 180
> degrees.  YO7 also shows you a graphical plot of the patterns at the low,
> middle and high ends of the frequency range you choose.

Snip

And...
One very cool thing about the new version is that it no longer zeros in on
a local optima and stops. Brian made the new one jump off of the local
solution and start over again somewhere else. It'll run forever, eventually
trying every possible starting geometry, always remembering the best
solution it found for your criteria.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV

http://yagistress.freeyellow.com