[TowerTalk] Vertical array applications

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical array applications
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:21:26 EST
Interesting to see how others are using their arrays. I never thought of
putting up an array for just a receive system, but what a great idea-

I have a lot of respect for hams who put in the time to put up yagi's,  but
the 4SQR is a great way to compete with single element antennas, keep your
buget in line, and keep your maintenance time down to a minimum.  I can see
why some are using them on the higher bands for receive, but don't give on
them for tx-

There was a nice write up on Eham by Bill Fisher, W4AN, on his 20 meter
"stealth" 4SQR experience using a Comtek system- seemed he was very pleased
with the performance and gave a very objective report on it's performance-
Its the only higher freq. 4SQR report I've read- But certainly seems positive
experiences like these would lend more credence to using 4SQRs on higher
bands for both tx and rx-

73  Paul  N0AH