[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: jerry@k9gd.com (Jerry K9GD)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:14:40 -0600
Still hitting hose clamps from the old antenna with my lawnmower.  C4XL, C3
and 30mtr Force 12 hasn't shed a rivet in 6 years. Tom at Force 12
conveniently has holes 'pre' pre-drilled in the element/boom bracket on the
40 meter elements to preclude problems associated with a larger rivet
loosening up.  I utililzed those features on my 40 meter elements due to
rogue 60 mph sustained winds experienced here on a yearly basis.  In windy
conditions, when bored, I sit on the back deck and stare up that the antenna
elements 'surfing' in the wind.  No humming or vibrating...

If the rivets are supposed to fail, darn it, I want my money back, cuz mine
has failed !!!!!
  Best Regards,

Jerry DiPietro K9GD
ICQ 329754