[TowerTalk] rope in elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rope in elements
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:06:00 +0100
Thanks for the info Tom. I was going to put up the C31 without rope and the
XM520 with rope in the elements to see which one would last longer, but since
you experienced a failure with the C31 I think it would prudent to install the
rope. As a side note an other amateur op had a dipole made from 14 gauge romex
house wire. One wire was black and the other was white. When we had icing
conditions the black wire had no ice build up and the white wire had about 1/2
inch radial ice on it. I guess wrapping the elements with black tape will help
the ice God to smile on us as opposed to frowning on us and the antennas.

gl es 73 Steve

--
List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!  www.championradio.com