[TowerTalk] durability

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] durability
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 05:38:50 -0500
At 07:55 AM 3/28/01 +0200, Jan.E.Holm@telia.se wrote:
>Someone is wrong here. Several people just did testify
>on this reflector that Force12 antennas will vibrate and
>drop element parts, I think I will beleive the stories
>from real life experience.
>Sure doesnt seem very safe to buy this Force12 stuff

Y'know, by that logic you wouldn't buy any manufacturer's antennas, because
there are mechanical failure anecdotes to be found about them all.  Oh, and
don't forget rotators, because they all break.

The people who have had no trouble usually don't report their satisfaction,
so you could assume the average experience is negative.

I have 18 elements on 3 Force 12 HF antennas up currently.  They don't sing
in the wind, they have rebounded from 30 degree bending due to ice, I've
caught them on guy wires and bent them close to 90 degrees without
permanent damage, and all the rivets are tight.  Do I have 120 mph
updrafts?  No, thank goodness.  Are they perfect?  Of course not.  Am I
satisfied?  Yes.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database