[TowerTalk] sloper array 3/8wave

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sloper array 3/8wave
From: k1fz@agate.net (B.A. Clark)
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:34:47 -0700
Hi Pete
Concerning a 3/8 wave open end stub.

"The three eights wave line transforms the line impedance into an equal
value of inductive reactance"
Page 25.10 Radio Habdbook-twenty second edition. W6SAI William I Orr.

At another QTH I found the inductive reactance was not quite enough to
get good reflector action. The solution was to go to  75 ohm coax..
Inserted an L network at the shack side of the directional switch to
transform to a 50 ohm match.
Obtained excellent results.
73
Bruce-K1FZ

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
http://www.championradio.com

-----