[TowerTalk] quad driven element tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] quad driven element tuning
From: bravo@iol.ie (John Tait)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 16:14:12 +0100
----- Original Message -----

> Gents,
> My 5 band quad uses one feedline for 20-17-15 and one for 12-10. I
attempted
> to zero in the fo of the driven loops yesterday for 20-17-15. All three
> bands are a little high in fo so I added about 4 inches of wire to each
> driven loop. The fo did not change one khz!!!! What is going on????
> Interaction btwn the three bands???? I am not using any type of matching
> network, just fed directly with 50 ohm coax and all three of these bands
are
> parallel fed. Any ideas of why the fo did not budge???

       Is your feedline decoupled from your Antenna?? You need a current
(choke) balun at the feed point...

> P.S. I have not attempted to zero in 12-10 yet.

   I would group the bands differently...  e.g. 20 -15-12   and  17-10..
  Less interaction that way..  Seperate feedlines for each band is the best
solution..
    Take a peek at  http://www.cebik.com/quad7.html

   73
  John EI7BA

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers, safety
equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
http://www.championradio.com

-----