[TowerTalk] near field pattern on 6M?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] near field pattern on 6M?
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:30:46 -0500
I have an interference problem on 6M. there is a noise source that seems to
be due north from my beam. The noise is about 800 Hz wide, and is, at
different times, anywhere from 50.125 to 50.131 MHz. (Right- right on the
calling frequency) Strength is about s9.

The problem is that my shack is due north of the beam, and I am wondering
if the source could be in the house. The tower is 60 ft north of the shack,
and the beam is at about 53 ft, just above an ATB34 tri-bander. THe 6M beam
is an MFJ 3el Yagi. THe booms are aligned.

The geometry puts the receiver (and my computer) directly in line, but at a
very depressed angle, to the beam. THe question is- is there a chance that
the pattern is directive enough to "see" anything from my equipmqnt. or is
it more probable that the souce is at a greater distance, and the line-up
is coincidental?

opinions solicited. I dont have a portable 6M Rx to walk around with. I may
need to get one.

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill