[TowerTalk] MFJ / Hy-Gain, cont'd.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ / Hy-Gain, cont'd.
From: karl@dixie-net.com (Karl Bullock)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:51:04 -0500
Great comments Tom!

I know Martin personally.  He was my advisor when I went to school at
Miss. State, and he and I have maintained the contact over the years -
albeit primarily at hamfests.  One thing I can tell you about Martin is
that he is not only an extremely nice guy, but very reasonable, and you
get the impression when you talk to him that he's listening intently to
everything you say.  I'll guarantee you that a well-worded letter of any
concern you might have would go a long way with him.

Rants, on the other hand, would go the same place they do on my mailbox
- the trash.

Karl, WA5TMC

Tom Rauch wrote:

> I for one would like to see MFJ improve customer service, and
> spend more money on QC even if the price of gear goes up. I think
> people would pay a little more for better service and better QC.
>
> I think the solution is to write the owner (Martin Jue) a letter, and
> tell him how you think the system is working, and suggest what
> might make a difference. Or, if you see him at a Hamfest, tell him
> nicely how you feel. I know he is sensitive to rational logical
> suggestions. His name is on the line, because he makes all the
> decisions.
>
> I'm not saying we shouldn't complain or that they don't deserve an
> occasional roasting for something. I think if we take the time to
> complain we should at least spend a few minutes complaining
> where it will do some good! I'm sure once Martin Jue understands
> he has a problem, he will try to correct it.
>
> The biggest problem is getting someone to realize they have a
> problem. In the mean time, NEVER e-mail them and expect a
> response. Same for writing letters. Both are subject to long delays,
> or no response at all. The system should not work that way, but it
> sure does!
>
> Call on the WATTS line, and get a name. Then you can toast the
> guy (or girl) if they drop the ball.
> 73, Tom W8JI
> W8JI@contesting.com
>
> List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
> safety equipment, rigging gear, LOOS tension guages & more!
> http://www.championradio.com
>
> -----

|  President/Sr. Sys Admin   |    The Internet of the South        |
|  Dixie-Net                 |     http://www.dixie-net.com        |
|  P.O. Box 28               |     Nationwide 800 Email at:        |
|  Ripley, MS  38663         |         Nationsmail.com             |
|  (662) 993-2140 Voice      |                                     |
|  (662) 993-2440 Fax        |   Complete Internet/WWW Services    |
I'd rather be seen as unrealistic touting the truth in the darkness,
than try to be proud of being less false than the other guy.  I
shouldn't be surprised to lost that battle.  IF you're going to be
corrupt - go for the gusto!  Personally, I'd rather be RIGHT!

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----