[TowerTalk] AC power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AC power
From: norsan@bright.net (Norman Hockler)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 18:52:25 -0400
Actually this is not correct.  The code says that POWER wiring of different
voltages may be run in the same conduit  (or cable trays)
if the insulation of ALL wires is rated for the HIGHEST voltage in the
conduit.....HOWEVER the code also says that control wiring or class 2
wiring can NOT be run in the same conduit as LINE VOLTAGES.  Control or
class 2  is signals less than 50 volts and 30 VA.

Norm  N8NH

At 09:14 PM 5/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Bruce,
>
>The National Electrical Code requires all conductors within a common raceway
>to have the same voltage rating.
>
>However I agree with Tom and use an extension cord, with No. 12 or 10
>conductors.  You can normally go 100 feet with No. 12 conductors and running
>around 12 amperes before voltage drop is a concern.
>
>Roger, W7VV

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention