[TowerTalk] Vertical over 4 el yagi

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical over 4 el yagi
From: JerryC" <jerryc@netscope.net (JerryC)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:54:09 -0400
After changing my mind several times I need advice.  I was planning
a 4el 10M yagi at about 40' (3' above the tower top)  and wanted to
install an imax 10/11M vertical at around 48' to 50'.  I have seen this done
with
antennas on different freq. but am getting different advice on using both
these for 10M.  I don't think the yagi would affect the vertical but not
shure about the other way around.  I was told the gain would remain
o.k. on the yagi but the side and rear rejection might suffer based on
how far the vert. is mounted above the yagi.  Any experience or ideas on
this??
Thanks
JerryC
jerryc@netscope.net
no call sign yet  (still working on the code)

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----