[TowerTalk] C3XLD and Glen Martin 18" tower/hazer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3XLD and Glen Martin 18" tower/hazer
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 07:29:19 -0500
Anybody have this particular pair in the air? I am a little concerned about
physical clearance of the element nearest the mast versus the tower (18"
M-1850A). I THINK there's enough room, but Murphy always lurks. I'll be
using the standard Hazer, not the tracked version. Antenna specs show center
of mast at 183" on the boom, and center of nearest element at 194". So 11"
of clearance there, with about 9" needed, but all measurements are to
center, so diameter of the nearest element is important. Assuming the center
section is 2" or less, that appears to leave about an inch of clearance.
Hmmm. Just wanted some warm and fuzzy from somebody already using this
combination. I suppose I could shift the boom slightly from the 183" mark,
but hate to violate K7LXC's Prime Directive.
Thanks,
Jerry W5KP

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----