[TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:53:29 -0400
Josh:

      Whatever you do with antennas, assume one thing - That electric supply
wire is lethal!  Don't fling an antenna or guy wire across it, even
temporarily!  Make sure your tower, if you go that way, doesn't have a
chance of falling on the wire, either when you're putting it up or if it
were to fall down.

    As K1TTT wrote you, there was a recent fatality involving a new ham who
was killed putting up his Dayton-new antenna earlier this week.  It fell
onto the power line supplying his house.  Check out
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/05/22/3/?nc=1 .

     Maybe you can get the local utility to relocate your wire to the side
of your yard, giving you more room back there.  But the power wire is still
dangerous!!!  Having the utility bury it would be preferred, but that'll
cost you $$.

      Good luck - but please be careful.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F