[TowerTalk] thoughts aboutproperty layout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thoughts aboutproperty layout
From: WD4K@bellsouth.net (WD4K)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:57:58 -0600
Well said-seems like some of us suggested this 20 messages ago. Sometimes
you just don't know--An example: Three days ago some of my subcontractors
were working in a historic home we are restoring. After the old ceiling came
down, two wires from old knob and tube stuck out-They were ready to rip them
out!!  I related a story to them of someone I knew in an identical situation
who was killed. I instructed them to stay clear until they were checked. The
house with the fatality had been rewired to codes BUT somehow someone left
one run of the old knob wiring hooked up.--Well-the next day my guys were
almost on their knees with a combination of thanks and disbelief--these
wires also were HOT-same scenario as the fatal one-they would have been hurt
or killed--when in doubt about anything electrical-check it out-it could
save your life. You can have your triplex, personally I will move it or bury
it. I did move it at my last QTH so I speak from experience.  Tommy WD4K