[TowerTalk] Hygain TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain TH11
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 14:29:11 -0700
On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:50:26PM -0700, cqki8fh@juno.com wrote:
> I have noticed in advertising of the TH11 beam, that MFJ wants to call
> them or go to a web site to get  the gain and front to back figures.  Why
> don't they just publish them.  Do you think there is a reason such
> figures should not published?  I remember reading awhile back one
> advertised a 2 meter vertical and said "gain figures to large to be
> published," or something to that.  Is this just an advertising ploy to
> get you to call them?  Just asking.
> Thanks

That is only in the QST advertisements.  The ARRL has a very strict
policy relative to claims (especially antenna gain) in advertisements
as a result of some rather inventive ways in which some manufacturers
in the past did their measurements to get unrealistically high values
of gain.

The Hy-Gain advertisements in CQ show values for gain and f/b.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----