[TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL (Was: New Source for Yagi Ubolts)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL (Was: New Source for Yagi Ubolts)
From: jmowery@nswc.navy.mil (jmowery@nswc.navy.mil)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:15:05 -0400

Tony,
     As you have seen from Brad's post there are quite a few type of "Stainless
Steel"
The major groups are Austenitic (Non-magnetic) and Martensitic (Magnetic)

Austenitic stainless steels are usually in the 300 series and the Martensitic
are in the
400 series of stainless steel.

Later,
Joe

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Brad         |
|        |          Bradfield    |
|        |          <b_bradfield@|
|        |          yahoo.com>   |
|        |                       |
|        |          05/30/01     |
|        |          12:25 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     N2TK <n2tk@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
                           |
  |       cc:     brad.bradfield@motorola.com, (bcc: Joseph
Mowery/N13/N10/NDept/NSWCDD)                   |
  |       Subject:     [TowerTalk] STAINLESS STEEL (Was: New Source for Yagi
Ubolts)                       |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

There are something like 60 different grades of stainless steel,
differing primarily in their alloying materials.  Most contain
something like a 10 or 11% minimum quantity of chromium.  The more
common grades of stainless steel are listed at:
http://www.kleinsteel.com/A5564D/kleinsteel.nsf/74df0666bb98a1e685256742007e1c4a/c39b307c48853785852567430003d617!OpenDocument

73,

Brad, W5CGH

==========================

--- N2TK <n2tk@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I bought some flat washers that came in a bag marked "stainless
> steel". A
> magnet picks them up, but they haven't rusted outside.
>
> Tony

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us