[TowerTalk] Antenna surface area

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna surface area
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:40:43 -0400
At 01:15 PM 6/10/01 -0700, Stu Greene wrote:
>I regret (1) having thought about the question and (2) expressing my views.
>
>Each posting has been read and considered and then, even more confused, I
>ran a Google search on the question >surface area of a cylinder<
>
>http://www.math.com/tables/geometry/surfareas.htm  is the easiest to
>understand but the intangible of how much of the area of the element should
>be calculated for wind loading purposes rermains.
>
>It seems to me that to solve wind loading area we need a wind tunnel, a
>Cray computer, and professors of  logic, mathematics and physics,
>preferably from a top notch engineering university, and an Act of Congress.
>
>This is not an easy question and I quit

Or on the other hand you could get a copy of K7NV's Yagistress, which
incorporates the latest thinking on the aerodynamics of Yagi antennas, as
well as their mechanics.

http://yagistress.freeyellow.com

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----