[TowerTalk] Antenna database

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna database
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:57:50 -0400
> K1VR: The web page owner may choose to post the following disclaimer:
> "The author of the spreadsheet and the web site owner make no
> representations as to the accuracy of the data presented and specifically
> state that the data provided may not be relied upon for purposes
> connected to safety. Users are cautioned that the author is not likely to
> be a professional engineer, is not likely to be licensed in the user's
> jurisdiction, and, in any event, he or she intends no relationship to the
> user whatsoever that may result in liability. Mistakes are a real
> possibility."

Not to turn this into a Torts class, but you may want to add language to
affirmatively protect yourself from any injury or damages resulting from the
use of the data:

"...and User further agrees to indemnify the Web Page Owner and Author
against any claim arising from the User's use of any presented or published
data which results in any direct, consequential, or incidental damages, harm
or injury."

Some courts may find a public-policy issue with any of the above, but it
certainly can't hurt to be cautious.  Of course, this is not meant to be
construed as legal advice. Consult your attorney.

-Paul

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----