[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:19:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/12/01 11:45:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w7ni@easystreet.com writes:

>  A 3:1 mechanical advantage block and tackle system does, indeed, relieve
>  about 1/3 of the load on the gin pole, in addition to reducing the number
of
> bodies required on  the pull rope.

    You sure? Isn't a hundred-pound load going to weigh 100 pounds no matter
how the block and tackle are set up? The load effort on the end of the rope
will be reduced but the dead weight of the load stays the same. You still
need a suitable ginpole.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----