[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections
From: kb7ww@uswest.net (KB7WW Art Moe)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:23:48 -0700

Mike Gilmer - N2MG wrote:

> On Thu, 14 June 2001, n4kg@juno.com wrote:
>
> > ...and the argument proposed by some here that a
> > mechanical  advantage between the puller and a
> > standard single pulley on the gin pole provides a
> > load readuction for the gin pole is
> > FALSE.
>
> I don't recall reading anything in which the author advocated arranging the
> mechanical advantage between the worker and the ginpole.
>
> I don't see why anyone would *want* to set it up this way - the workers gets
> an advantage, but the ginpole does not.  Putting the mechanical advantage
> between the ginpole and the load is where it belongs - both the worker AND
> the ginpole "gain".
>
> 73 Mike N2MG

Where is the advantage for the gin pole???????  If the section weighs a hundred
pounds, I don't care how many pulleys you use there is still a hundred pounds
on the gin pole.......... It will take less pull to raise because of the
mechanical advantage, but there is still 100 lb on the gin pole....

Art

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----