[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference/failures

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guyed tower reference/failures
From: Eric Moore" <emoore@windemullerelectric.com (Eric Moore)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:13:19 -0400

> Hmmm... Could someone suggest exactly what a "non critical" application
for
> tower sections would be, assuming humans will climb whatever structure
they
> are a part of?
> 73, Jerry W5KP

Oh yeah, good point.  I have two sections from that tower.  One section was
cut in half and buried in concrete as a base and the other section is used
to hold my sailboard up off the ground under my Deck ;-)

I know of another section being used as a birdfeeder holder and another is
being used as a climbing ivy trellis.  There are actually many uses for old
tower sections that are less than demanding structurally!

73,
Eric Moore,
K8CCA

** Digi-Face **
The Economical radio to computer interface
Get on the Digital modes PSK-31/RTTY/SSTV
http://www.i2k.com/~emoore/Digi-face.html

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----