[TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers
From: franknorton@home.com (Frank Norton KB8XU)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:52:07 -0400
Howdy to all,

Just for interest.  One other source for ginpoles for most brands of towers
is w9iix. He will customize the clamp if needed
<http://www.w9iix.com/contents.htm>.  I have purchased several items from
Doug.  He has always been most accommodating for custom order galvanized
parts/brackets and so on....

At 12:39 PM 8/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>ROHN also made a gin pole attachment device that could be
>used on folded metal legs for their HDBX series towers.
>(Perhaps I should say that I *assume* that ROHN made the device)
>
>It consists of two separate round clamp holders for the mast
>with a hinged bracked that has a cylindrical pawl that screds
>into the wedge of the tower. (The adjustment screw is perpendicular
>to the cylinder).  I have only seen one pair of these things in my
>lifetime.
>
>Tom  N4KG

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----