[TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:03:04 -0600
I use short  RG59 jumpers at each end of of my CATV runs.
The most reliable connections have proven to be to solder the
center connector of the RG59 to the center connector of the
hardline, solder one (or two) ground lugs to the braid, and
hose clamp the braid to the jacket of the hardline.  I have
a couple of those connections going on 20 years.  ALL of
my homebrew connectors using barrels or plumbing fixtures
have failed for mechanical or electrical (water in the barrels)
reasons.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG