[TowerTalk] Turnbuckles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckles
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:37:53 -0500
Anthony:

I found some of the large galvanized and forged turnbuckles at a farm and ranch
supply store near Dallas/Fort Worth years ago, that's where some other hams in
D/FW told me to check.  Yes these were big enough to guy most anything  one end
was forged in a closed and forged circle (not the "hook" you sometimes see than
can open up and release the guy, while the other end was in a horseshoe shape
with a forged  and galvanized bolt, secured by a cotter pin to keep the bolt
from falling out. I kept them for several years, then decided to put up a crank
up TriEx tower, so I sold them with the 40 ft. of Rohn 25 I had at my former
QTH.  At max length these turnbuckles were about 3-4 ft long, while minimum
length was 2-2 1/2 ft.

Tom, WW5L