[TowerTalk] Ty Wraps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ty Wraps
From: earldery@home.com (earldery)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:00:34 -0700
I also put a couple of wraps of tape around the Ty wrap, one doesn't need
to use Scotch 88 all the time in these type of applications, a good quality
tape available from your local electrical store will suffice, pay attention
to flagging( flagging again is letting the tape relax before cutting). This
also covers that sharp edge of the Ty wrap that has been cut off.

I have observed over the years here at VE7IN that Ty wraps do indeed differ
in resistance to UV and other wx considerations, you don't always know
until you are either climbing the tower for an inspection or upgrade and
see that the Ty wrap has deteriorated( or find it lying around the base of
the Tower).

I also don't necessarily wrap every last Ty wrap but enough to ensure the
cable or coax doesn't come flapping loose when you least expect it.

73 Earl VE7IN

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----