[TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing feedlines to tower legs
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:02:51 -0700
Hi Jim,

I use short lengths of #12 insluated house wire.  I run the cables on the
outside
of the tower so a single cable can be removed, replaced, or added easily.  The
pieces of house wire are just hand twisted together and can be reused many
times.
The insulation keeps the wire from cutting into the cable.  Best of all, it is
very
inexpensive . . .  and it does not deteriorate in the sun.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

Jim Idelson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Rework of all antennas has led to rework of feedlines and control cables . . .
>
> I plan to reroute and secure the cables up the entire length of the tower. I
> don't like the previous methods I've used:
>
> 1.  Cable ties around tower legs add another place for your climbing lanyard
> bind on.
> 2.  A lot of cable ties suffer from environmental breakdown.
> 3.  Electrical tape is pretty good, EXCEPT when you need to change a single
> cable, you don't want to remove them all! How do you attach cables to tower
> legs so they are individually serviceable?
>
> Currently, this Rohn 25 tower has six RG-213 runs, one 1/2-inch hardline run
> and three control cables terminating at various heights.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K1IR
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com