[TowerTalk] T2X (Again)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X (Again)
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:52:12 -0600
YES, the rotor terminal block can be purchased as a replacement.

I removed the standard plated screws and replaced them with
stainless steel screws in my replacements.  The original screws
were altered to prevent them from falling out under normal torque.
Another solution to this problem is to simply use a slightly longer
screw, say 3/4 inch.

Another solution to the rusting problem is to cover the screws with
Liquid Electrical Tape.  Clear acrillic spray paint may also work for
a while.

OR, you could simply remove the bad terminal strip and hard wire
an external weaterproof connector in place such as an automotive
trailer light connector (8 pin) or a pair of 4 pin connectors (reversed
to prevent misconnection).  Then fill the hole with silicone or other
weather proof substance which will stay in place.

Tom  N4KG