[TowerTalk] PVC and UV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PVC and UV
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:26:12 -0500
I looked at Rick Karlquist's posting of pictures today with great interest.
My concern it the use of PVC throughout.  I have no documentation to
demonstrate my fears.

I have used PVC for many antenna projects.  It's an antenna maker's dream
material.  However, does the fact that PVC is subject to UV (ultra violet
light) degradation disturb anybody but me.  I am certain it will hold up for
a couple of years and will stand there just fine for a couple of more.
However, how many years can you wait before having to take it down and
replace the PVC?  Again, it will stand there undisturbed for some time.
Taking it down after a few years really bothers me.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----