[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: ve6yc@home.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 17:39:50 +0100
There was an article published a while ago, I think it was
"how to build a single tower station" or something like that.
It was full of good info for us "small guns"
My recommendation:
72 foot Trylon Titan.
C4xl
2 gaffs at 70 feet.
One side 80 meter inverted V.
Other side a folded Marconie (sp?) for 160.
20 plus radials for the 160 antenna.
Or load the tower for both 80 and 160.
This set up will work well for you.
No you won't be first in every pile up, but with a TH6DXX
and a Hy-Gain 40 dipole I have been first of the locals
in pile ups, and even run QRP and beaten out some locals.
Follow this link to see my set up:
http://members.home.net/ve6yc/qrp.html
Lots more ideas from other guys, just my 2 cents worth.
--
 Peter J. Larsen

http://members.home.net/ve6yc