[TowerTalk] 3M Scotch 2200 Vinyl Mastic Pads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3M Scotch 2200 Vinyl Mastic Pads
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:27:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/01 7:56:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net writes:

> Flame shields in place - fire away.

    Why would you need to say this? If you DO get any flames, let me know who
sent them.

    What you're proposing is what professional ground kits and installers do.
The key is to have an adequate amount of compression on the flashing ground
connection around the shield; I don't know if what you're proposing will
provide enough compression/connection. While it is certainly cheaper than
commercial ground kits (I prefer the Andrew versions and don't particularly
care for the Polyphaser versions), you may or may not be successful. Since
you're trying to tempt the lightning charge to go down the ground instead of
the cable, it MAY be the lower resistance path but I don't know.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----