[TowerTalk] TH6 SWR on 10m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6 SWR on 10m
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:13:41 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/01 2:53:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
smlx@earthlink.net writes:<<
 My TH7 is at 65 feet. Resonance is as per the manual settings. If my tower
 is lowered, the resonance shifts. Yagi's are more influenced by low height
 than quads. Try getting the antenna higher or try shortening the driven
 element.
 Good Luck - Steve WB6RSE

Any increase in height over 65' affect on the Z is going to be hard to
measure.  I'd sure change the DE length.  I have booms that I can tip to the
tower for adjustments.  k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----