[TowerTalk] TIC Ring 1022B

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC Ring 1022B
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 16 Sep 2001 08:34:57 -0700
I will soon be installing a pair of used 1022B Ring Rotors.  They had suffered
a lightning strike at the previous owner's QTH - the only damage seems to be
the 4.3V Zener diode in one of the control boxes.

I am waiting for the current info from TIC (I contacted them over a year ago),
regarding the "official" upgrades available.  I would like to know if anyone on
TT has personally upgraded their "B" model with the several "D" model upgrades
TIC offers.  Some of these were, at last I knew, actually FREE upgrades.

I would also like to know if anyone has made any custom improvements that cured
any of the TICs ills. MOVs, etc.

I have (started) searching the TT archives - there are MANY hits on TIC, but
most are older than 1999  I found the Bourns pot replacement texts.  Has that
proven effective or are they still failing?

Thanks.

73 Mike N2MG