[TowerTalk] Water in tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Water in tower
From: eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com (Eugene Jensen)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:40:23 -0500

Let take this to worst case and the tower has no way for the water to
exit. And on top of it you live in a place where it freezes. And as
K7LXC has pointed out when it freeze you are going to split the legs.
This is an old bottom drain swimming pool trick. Drill a small hole in
the leg 4 or 5 feet up and pour 100% automotive antifreeze in. Unless
you live at the "North pole" you will go though winter with no trouble.
73 Gene K2QWD