[TowerTalk] Viking KW matchbox.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Viking KW matchbox.
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:20:13 -0700
At 03:40 AM 2001-10-17 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:
>All of my KW Matchboxes are now in the storage shed because of
>the limited matching and frequency coverage. I mostly use my
>tuners outside at or near the antenna, not in the house.
>73, Tom W8JI
>W8JI@contesting.com

 From my readings of things and listening to things, the idea of tunning
near, at, or in the antenna appears to be the best thing to do for most
operation.  I have been looking at the screwdriver tyes of antennas, some
even offer a dipole arrangement.  I think that the only drawback would be
the lower radiation resistance.  But I have not been able to figure that
out or the efficiency of tuning in the shack versus tuning at the antenna
for the same size antenna.  Then of course for smaller antenna tunning therein.

Chris opr VE7HCB

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----