[TowerTalk] Yellow Jackets on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yellow Jackets on Tower
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:07:12 +0000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:44:32 -0700
>

>Hi Pat,
>
>There is a spray you can buy.  It shoots in a stream like 10 or 15
>feet.  The idea is to shoot the suckers nests that are under eves,
>etc of your house, and not have to get on a ladder.  I would get a
>can of the stuff.  Soak down the rotor, nest if you can see it.
>Wait a few days,  or whatever it says on the can to do.  I wish I
>could give you the brand name, but it is very common, and you should
>be able to find it any home supply store.  The trick is to get the
>kind that shoots a stream.
>
>73 Jim K7SLI

The real trick is to make sure you get the whole bunch of them as any that
escape will be madder than heck and come after you. Best time to spray is
late evening or early morning, these guys don't fly at nite,
Also make sure you wear eye protection and a mask. This stuff can burn your
eyes if you get it in them and if you inhale or swallow any it can be bad
news.
This usually not a problem when you are on the ground as you can spray it
away from you, but since you will have to climb the tower part way you will
be spaying over your head and the liquid could fall back into your face
bottom line be very careful
73
Rick
KC5AJX