[TowerTalk] Yelloe Jackets on tower:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yelloe Jackets on tower:
From: kenneth.keyseear@gte.net (Ken Keyseear)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:24:27 -0400
You have a rather touchy job ahead of you if you can't wait
until freezing weather does them in.

Ortho Hornet & Wasp Killer says on its label that it shoots a stream
20 feet away.  Probably not straight up though.  But that's what I
use - it should go just about 10 feet straight up.  I can't recommend
you tackle a bunch of bees on a tower - but if you can coat the nest
with this stuff and get a little bit in the entrance hole, they will
die out within a few days.  Safety goggles would be good to keep the
spray return out of your eyes - as well as bees.  Get some towels or
something and make yourself look like a terrorist - hat, gloves, heavy
pants, rubber bands around the pants at the ankles, etc.

I buy the Ortho product in Home Depot, Lowes, etc.  Probably available
in Wal-Mart.

We don't want to read about you in the press.  Can you skip the
maintenance until spring?

73 de W4KK
Ken