[TowerTalk] Stuck Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stuck Elements
From: n0tt1@juno.com (n0tt1@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:26:13 +0000
I use a strong rope on each of the element ends and tied with a "timber
hitch" knot.  One rope goes to a fixed support, the other to a
come-a-long
anchored to another fixed support.  If you need more friction for the
knot on the slick aluminum tubing, first wrap some cloth tape around
the tube where the knots are to be tied.

BTW, avoid nylon or any "stretchy" rope because if it breaks or suddenly
comes loose in the process, it may sling itself and anything attached
to it, causing bodily injury.

If that effort fails, you might try some penetrating oil on the stuck
joints,
let it soak in overnight, then use the come-a-long again.  Some heat
from a hair dryer may help too.  Good luck!

73,
Charlie, N0TT