[TowerTalk] Stuck Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stuck Elements
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 07:27:57 +0000

Tom Harke wrote:

>Many of the elements are tight and will not budge. I have tried >a number of
>things to get the element end loose with no success. >Has anyone else
>experienced the same problem and found a >solution?

One thing I've done that works good it to use a pair of vice
grips and a screwdriver.  Put the tip of the screwdriver on top
of the end of the element with the handle pointing back towards
the boom.  Clamp the screwdriver to the top part of the element
with a pair of vice grips, and hit the screwdriver with a
hammer.  Works good to drive the elements apart.
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----