[TowerTalk] balloons

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] balloons
From: Kenneth Hirschberg" <info@cal-av.com (Kenneth Hirschberg)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:00:09 -0700
Hi all-
There is a relatively new product, an airfoil-shaped balloon / kite, that
flies at a quite high angle, even in a fresh breeze.
WX0B, Array Solutions, is the US dealer.
For 160M, there are things that can be done, (e.g. wire end loading)
especially with more than one balloon, so that the antenna can stay below
200 feet AGL, which is where FAA "ownership" of the sky begins.  Near
airports, and in a few other places, it extends lower, all the way to the
ground in some places.
Contact:  WX0B@arraysolutions.com  for details on the special balloons.

73,   Ken, K6HPX