[TowerTalk] RE: Broken (freewilling ) Yaesu G-1000 rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Broken (freewilling ) Yaesu G-1000 rotor
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:24:40 +0000

W0AH@aol.com wrote:

>  Has anyone opened up a Yaesu rotor, found the broken gear(s), ordered them
> from Yaesu, and replaced same?

opened, yes.
found broken gears, yes.  had teeth and metal chips all over and lots of grease
to clean out and replace since it was full of metal.

the rest, no.  I closed it up and shipped back to yaesu to fix.  they were
reasonably priced and didn't take too long with it.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@arrl.net