[TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:29:22 -0000
Hi Richard,
I did the alligator clip routine for several years. It gets old quickly,
especially in winter, here in the north, trudging outside in the cold
and maybe snow.

What I wound up doing is buying some surplus Jennings RF1J
relays (http://www.mgs4u.com/relay.htm) for under $10 each, put
them inside gray plastic electric junction boxes mounted on wire
fence support poles (Home Depot), and built a little
switchbox/controller. They are latching relays, so you just need a
momentary voltage to switch them.

Now, from the comfort of my warm shack, I can switch between
SSB and CW instantly. Much better!
73,
Barry