[TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:14:37 EST
In a message dated 11/13/01 3:08:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, K7GCO writes:

<< In a message dated 11/13/01 2:16:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rthorne@tcac.net writes:

 <<
  I just put up a 75m ssb antenna for ss this weekend.  I'm going to add 4
  or 5 feet of wire at each end of the antenna by attaching the wire to
  the current end insulator.

  Whats the best way to provide a jumper so I can quickly drop the antenna
  attach the jumper so the antenna will reasonate on 80m cw?

  I was thinking about heavy duty alligator clips or something, but what
  about the tarnished copper, will the clip make a reliable connection?
  Can it handle 1500 watts?

  You get the picture, any ideas?

 I've used a bananna plug and jack coated with silcone grease for
connections--at either end.  k7gco

PS  Add an 80m dipole at right angles.  k7gco>>

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----